This page is a gallery of the Biblical sites that were selected by BibleWalks.com staff and readers as the “site of the month” during year 2020.
The selection of the “site of the month” is usually a new site that was added during that past month and was considered at that time as an important addition to the web site and worthy of highlighting. You can look on these sites in order to visit these “best” sites.
The sites are ordered from the recent month on the top.
To see more of the site, click on its header.
Oct 2020 Sharuhen
Sharuhen was a major Canaanite city in the western Negev area, situated on the way from Egypt northwards and from the coast eastwards. The Canaanite city was the last stand of the Hyksos after their expulsion from Egypt in the 16th century BC. Some scholars identify it in Tell el-Farah near the Gaza strip.
Sep 2020 Joseph Lookout
A lookout place on Mt. Gerizim, with great views of Tel Shechem, modern Nablus, and the tomb of Joseph. Joshua 24:32: “And the bones of Joseph, which the children of Israel brought up out of Egypt, buried they in Shechem…”.
Aug 2020 Rujm el-Hiri
- A massive megalithic complex in the Golan heights, regarded as the “Stonehenge of the Levant”.
July 2020 Skull Cave, Lower Amud Stream
- Skull (Zuttiyeh) cave where Early man remains were found.
June 2020 Kebara Prehistoric Cave
May 2020 Copper smelting in Aravah
- Bronze age copper smelting installations in the Northern Aravah area.
Apr 2020 Ein Tamir and Nahal Kziv stream
- Ruins of a Middle Bronze Age fortress are located on an edge of a cliff overlooking the deep gorge of Nahal Kziv. A nature trail leads down to the spring.
Mar 2020 Deir Samaan
- An impressive fortified Byzantine monastery, built over a Late Roman fortress.
Feb 2020 Horvat Dur
- Ruins of a small Upper Galilee village, dated to the Roman/Byzantine period, with impressive group of sarcophagi.
Jan 2020 Tel Adami
- Ruins of an ancient fortified Biblical city, situated on a natural hill overlooking the Yavna’el valley.
To see the sites of 2019, click here.
To see the sites of 2018, click here.
To see the sites of 2017, click here.
To see the sites of 2016, click here.
To see the sites of 2015, click here.
To see the sites of 2014, click here.
To see the sites of 2013, click here.
To see the sites of 2012, click here.
To see the sites of 2011, click here.
To see the sites of 2010, click here.
To see the sites of 2009, click here.
To see the sites of 2008, click here.
To see the sites of 2007, click here.
Other ways to view the sites:
- List of all sites: sites overview.
- A pictorial display: Sites Galleries.
- Most recent sites: Last Added.
- Most popular sites: Most Popular.
- Maps of all sites: BibleWalks maps
BibleWalks.com – walk with us through the sites of the Holy Land
This page was last updated on Nov 7, 2020