This web page lists a set of maps of the sites that are featured in BibleWalks.com. Additional maps include maps of the Bible, the history and the Holy Land. A list of useful links are provided as well.
This page lists a set of useful maps that are featured in BibleWalks or in external web sites.
(1) Regional sites maps:
Since there are hundreds of Biblical sites, we grouped the sites according to their geographical region to a total of 18 areas. For these regions we have a local map, based on Google maps, that combine satellite imagery and interactive controls. Use the maps to navigate to the selected featured sites in BibleWalks.com.
- Golan maps
- Sea of Galilee sites
- Upper Galilee sites
- West Galilee sites
- Beit Kerem and Hilazon sites
- Acre sites
- Lower Galilee sites
- Nazareth sites
- Mount Carmel sites
- Yizreel Valley sites
- Jordan valley sites
- Jerusalem sites
- Sharon sites
- Samaria sites
- Shefela sites
- Dead Sea sites
- Judea sites
- Negev sites
A map of Israel, with markers that point to the regional sites (in yellow), is presented here. It is the top level of the maps that were listed above.
Hover over the marker to see the title, and press on the marker to jump to that site’s regional map. Select either Satellite (default) or Map display.
A table of sites appear below it; selecting any row will jump to its marker on the map.
Map of Maps
(3) Biblical & Historical maps:
- The Tribes – map of the Biblical tribes of Israel (Galilee tribes)
- Jesus Travels – map of sites where Jesus has traveled, and mapped to the sites that are featured in BibleWalks.com.
- Crusaders sites – map of fortresses and other sites of the Crusaders
- Nabatean sites – map of the sites of the Nabateans
(4) External Maps References:
- Israel in New Testament times (includes info on each site; highly recommended! )
- Bible places on Google Maps (maps old & new testament sites on the map)
- A Christian’s map of the Holy Land (Blustein; pdf)
- Jerusalem and Holy Land ancient maps (USM, Osher)
- Israel Maps (Univ. Texas @ Austin)
- Topo maps with PEF survey overlay (“Amud Anan” – a great navigation tool)
- Survey of Western Palestine (19th century) – see our References
- Israel’s story in Maps (Foreign office; pdf)
- Archaeological Survey of Israel (Hebrew/English) – Highly recommended resource.
- Topographic maps and Hiking trails (new; includes British Mandate topo map)
- British Mandate detailed Map 1:20,000, and others
(5) Dynamic historical maps:
- The Empires – animated story of the birth and death of ancient empires in the region, that shaped the course of history.
- The Religions – animated story of the life cycles of religions, that shaped the history of the region.
BibleWalks.com – puts you on the map with the Bible
This page was last updated on Jan 10, 2021 (add Nabateans map)